Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Cheery Hello for AHSC #254



Hello again, crafty peeps!  This week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge gave me an excuse to *finally* sit down and put together a cheery little card I've had in the back of my mind for AGES.  Actually, it was in the back of my "stash" as I could never seem to find both the patterned paper and this particular stamp set at the same time.  Both the stamp and the paper are items I picked up at yard sales when I first began paper crafting approximately 10 years ago and I'm not even sure whether they "went together" or even if I got them at the same yard sale, but I love how they look together!



details:  I have no idea what company designed the paper, but the stamp set is an older rubber stamp set designed by Mary Engelbreit.  I used black Memento ink to stamp the images on watercolor paper, fussy cut the teapot and cup and adhered them to the panel, stamped the small flowers in the corner directly on the panel, and then used vivid greengolden yellow, and cherry pink ShinHan alcohol markers.  I cut another white panel just 1/8" taller than the first one, and used this black and clear washi tape that coordinated with the retired Jeepers Creepers kit, as Mary Engelbreit's work often featured such "dotted" lines around them.  To finish the card off, I used some Honey cardstock with the Hello and Thanks Thin Cuts (both of which are retired).  I have to say, I am so pleased with how closely the finished card is to what I had in mind, as that rarely happens for me!

This was such a fun sketch that I want to try a few other combinations if time allows this week, and of course we would love to see what you create with it too!  As always, you have until 9:55 pm Eastern/8:55 pm Central on Sunday, 3/11/18, to link your project, which you can do HERE.  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment