Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A Little Cross Stitch Love for AHSC #252


Hello again, crafty friends!  I am extra excited to bring you today's project based on this week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.  This stamp set is my personal favorite out of the current Seasonal Expressions catalog from CTMH.  My first crafting love was cross stitch and my first project, taught to me by my paternal grandmother, was a pink rose with green leaves stitched onto baby blue gingham.  My aunt has a bedspread made from blocks of the same rose pattern (I believe on lavender gingham) and I plan to send this card to her.  I hope it will remind her as much of sewing with her mother/my grandmother as it did me and brighten her day.


details:  I had to change the orientation of the card to make it work using this image as the centerpiece.  I used Sweet Leaf and the long retired Bubblegum ink with this Cross Stitch Love stamp/die cut set.  Because I wanted to recreate my childhood sewing project, I dug down REALLY deep into my stash to find this single-color based set of papers in various shades and designs and as near as I can tell, this was the Sky set.  I also used the smallest sized Basic Hearts Thin Cuts die set for the larger, off set heart.  To make the larger heart stand out a little from the smaller one next to it, I stamped it twice with the same ink to give it a deeper hue.

This was a fun sketch that I am sure I will come back to again, and we would love to see your take on it too!  As aways, you have until 10:55 pm Eastern/9:55 pm Central on Sunday, 2/25/18, and you can link your projects HERE.  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment