Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Sweet Tidings for AHSC #230

Hello again, crafty friends!  I have been planning several Christmas cards but didn't intend to actually start making them for another week or two, but something about this week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge just put me in a festive mood.  I tried several variations on this sketch but this is the one I kept coming back to and fine tuning, and I am finally happy with it... I think, lol.



We would love to see your take on this week's sketch, too.  As always, you have until 10:55 pm Eastern/9:55 pm Central on Sunday, 9/24/17, to play along and you can link your project HERE.  Don't forget to check out the rest of the design team's projects too, you are sure to be inspired by what they've created for you!  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette


details:  I started with the City Sidewalks papers (retired) and I chose to focus on 3 colors: WillowCranberry, and Glacier.  The 5 1/2 x 4 1/4" card base is on Cranberry cardstock; the 3 x 4" green patterned panel is from City Sidewalks and the diagonal striped piece is one of the zip strips from that kit.  The center panel and mini banners are cut from Cranberry, White Daisy, and Glacier cardstocks.  

All the stamped images are from a new set called Season of Sweetness.  I used Nutmeg ink to stamp the cookie images on Colonial White cardstock (retired) and then I stamped the images on White Daisy and fussy cut them - yes, even the TINY pieces of the Christmas tree cookie - and layered them onto the Colonial White pieces as I was trying to make them look like frosted sugar cookies.  I don't know how well I succeeded with that, but I can tell you I did succeed in starting a craving for sugar cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment