Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Watercolor Farm Scene for AHSC #214


Hello, crafty friends!  Michelle Stewart has brought us another great sketch to work with this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge that has multiple layers and tons of possibilities.  I played around with several different ideas with this sketch but this is the one I kept coming back to, so this is the one you get to see, lol.

First, a little backstory.  Several years ago, shortly after the death of our son, we began what has become an annual tradition of spending the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend with my stepbrother on his farm.  Fast forward a few years, I was nervous but honored to have a little bit of a hand in getting him together with his second wife.  He had two daughters and she had three, and now two of their daughters have gotten married and one has had a baby, so our annual traditions continue but have gotten a bit noisier and more crowded, which makes them even more fun.  Truly, it is a blessing to see their family so happy and enjoying their get togethers back on the farm and we love being a part of it all, and I wanted to drop them a note - or a card, in this case - to thank them for continuing to include us and give us something to look forward to in what is otherwise still a rather sad holiday for us.

details:  I have quite a mixed collection of long-retired patterned papers CTMH used to sell based on individual color, and I'm tired of these lovely papers sitting around collecting dust.  Since I knew I planned on going with a brightly colored farm scene, I decided to dig through these old B&T's for some primary colors for the base layers.  In this case, I used Outdoor Denim, Sunny Yellow and a solid piece of Cranberry.  I used Black Memento Ink to stamp this farm scene  from the Homegrown set on one piece of  watercolor paper and the fence on another, and then used my watercolor paints to bring color to the scene.  I fussy cut the fence and glued it onto the panel in place of the ribbon shown in the sketch.  I chose this sentiment from a retired stamp set called "Country Born" and layered it on this gingham-tablecloth stamped image from the "Summer Days" set which coordinated with the Mayberry paper kit from several years ago.

And that's all their is to this one.  Our design team has come up with quite a variety of projects for you based on this week's sketch, and we would love to see what you come up with too!  As always, you have until 10:55 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time/9:55 pm Central on Sunday, 6/4/17, and you can link your project HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment