Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Patriotic Card for BTF #47B


Hello, crafty friends!  We are in the second week of our "Favorite Thing About Summer" theme at the Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog.  I had several ideas I was playing around with for this theme but a touching project and video were pointed out to me last week and I knew I had to share my version as well as pay tribute to the card maker and her inspiration.  Let's get started!


First off, I want to pay tribute to my inspiration for this project, Michelle Wright.  She is an SU Demonstrator and, more importantly, a Gold Star mom and I urge you to take a few minutes to watch her video all the way through.  For my Close To My Heart version, I used Sapphire and Cranberry inks with the Brushstrokes stamp set to create this flag image on White Daisy cardstock.  I then used the Stars Thin Cuts and white glitter paper to create the star.  I used a retired stamp set "A Thousand Thanks" and Sapphire ink to stamp the sentiment in the slightly darker area of the longer "stripes" where I had to overlap my stamping, which I am hoping gives a highlighted effect to the words.  So simple but very visual, and a very powerful message of thanks to the men and women who protect our country and our freedoms - and the families who sacrifice so much to support their loved ones who serve!

Summer can a very busy season, full of many of our favorite holidays and happenings.  I hope you will find time to share a project inspired by your favorite thing about summer and share it with us at BTF this week.  As always, your project needs to include some CTMH product(s) and you have until 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time/10:59 pm Central to share your project HERE.  Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment