Wednesday, November 16, 2016

"Unforgettable" Card for AHSC #186

Hello, crafty friends!  I'm having so much with this week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.  Isn't this a great one?  So many possibilities, but here's the one I want to share with you today:










I started by playing around with various border stamps and paper combinations and while I was certainly having fun, nothing quite did it for me so I dug into some of my retired CTMH papers and came up with this beauty called "Unforgettable."  I loved the colors but really put it over the top for me was this lovely sentiment in the kit's compliments/sticker pack.  So everything you see came from that kit, and for the vertical strip down the middle I fussy cut this border piece that was already printed in a wavy pattern and sponged the edges with Cocoa to make the piece stand out a little better against the pink patterned paper it sits on.  I had planned on this being a birthday card for my best friend of 32 years but then it occurred to me how this would be the *perfect* Thanksgiving card for a woman in our community who was diagnosed with Stage IV ovarian cancer earlier this year but just got her miracle, after multiple rounds of chemo she had surgery and was just deemed cancer free!  She will need to have a couple more chemo treatments to be safe, but she and all who know and love her have much to be grateful for this year.

Thanks for stopping by and please take time to check out all the projects using this week's sketch.  Hopefully you can find a little craft time this week and can share your project, too, you have until 10 pm Central time on Sunday, 11/20/16, to add your creations here.

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment