Wednesday, November 30, 2016

New Year's Countdown for AHSC #188

Hello and welcome back, crafty friends!  I have been waiting for this sketch from Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge to roll around, I fell in love with it the first time I got a sneak preview.  Of course, that just means I've changed my mind several times but this week the holidays are on my mind and so I went in the direction of making a card for New Year's Eve.




details:  I started with a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" base, placed gold foil tape around the edges, and then made a 4 x 5 1/4" panel from the Oh! Deer paper kit.  I used a metallic gold ink from Color Box and the New Year's Eve Subway art stamp from Stampabilities on black cardstock for the bottom panel, which I adhered to a slightly larger piece of gold glitter paper.  I used the same gold ink and the November Stamp of the Month "New Year's Cheer" to make the champagne glasses and a bit of the metallic silver ink from Color Box and another stamp from the SOTM to make the bubbles.  The "cheers" at the top of this panel is also from the SOTM set and it was stamped in black Memento ink, which I also used to sponge the edges of the panel for a little extra definition.  I used the retired Basic Fundamentals stickers and black cardstock for the 2017 tab, and 3 graduated heart stickers from the retired gold Fundamental Assortment.  I originally thought to actually use this as a card to send out but the more I look at it, I'm really starting to see it as part of a layout since this New Year's Eve also happens to be my 30th anniversary with my husband...  we just have to figure out what are plans will be!

I hope you are able to find time this week to work with this sketch, there are endless possibilities.  As always, you have until 10 pm Central time on Sunday, 12/4/16, to link your projects here, or to at least check out what the rest of the design team and this week's participants came up with.

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment