Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Swan Lake for BTF Challenge #32

Welcome, crafty friends!  This week at the Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog our theme is the Swan Lake paper kit or its color  palette of Black, Canary, Fern, Glacier, Goldrush, Peacock, Poppy, Slate, Whisper, and White Daisy.  Wow, that's a lot of colors!  So many that I had a really hard time deciding which ones to focus on so instead of choosing, I tried to use them all!

details:  I really love autumn and the Thanksgiving holiday, so I was in a particularly playful mood when I started putting this card together.  I used a combinations of zip strips and 1/2" wide strips of the patterned paper to make a panel of woven strips, stamped this adorable patterned pumpkin image from the new Autumn Wishes set in Goldrush and Fern inks, set it on a panel of white CS and the Peacock patterned paper, and then I brushed the pumpkin with the shimmer brush.  For the panel on the right, I broke out a retired set called Poster Tidings, which I masked several times so I could use multiple inks.  (Here's a hint:  stamp the top and bottom lines together and then mask/stamp one color at a time, using the "autumn" and "blessed" to get everything lined up.)  I topped that with strips of the retired bronze shimmer trim.

For the inside, I cut a piece of Whisper CS to the size I needed and topped that with this pocket panel featuring this pair of swans.  I used the retired scrapbooking and card making workshop stamps from last year's Pathfinding kit and added these 3-d heart and arrow pieces from the Swan Lake complements.
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget that you have until Monday evening, 10/24/16, at 10:55 p.m. Central to link your Swan Lake themed project if you want to play along with us this week.  The more the merrier and we'd love to see what you come up with!

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card! Love the weaving of the papers and great masking job to get all the different coloured words.

    ReplyDelete