Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Positive Thoughts for AHSC #170

Hello, crafty friends!  The talented Michelle Stewart has provided us with yet another fabulous sketch to play with this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.  I kept thinking of so many things I wanted to do with this sketch, I had trouble narrowing it down but I finally settled on this quick little card I've had in the back of my mind for some time.  So without further ado, here's my project for today:





details:  Sorry for odd angle but I wanted a close up for this one due to the light color of ink I used for the stamping and so you could see the details.  I started with the purple patterned paper on the bottom half which is from the soon-to-be-retired Kaleidoscope papers.  Not only is purple my favorite color and this is a lovely, watercolored shade of Gypsy, but shortly after this paper was released, CTMH also released the "On The Plus Side" stamp and I knew I wanted to use Gypsy ink on white CS to get a reverse pattern of the one from the kit.  I backed these pieces with a piece of Gypsy CS, the border is actually a piece of white CS covered with the thick green roll of the Limeade Washi tape set.  For the sentiment, I carefully inked this stamp from the Positive Chemistry set with Pear, Gypsy, and Sunset inks, and the panel behind that is another piece from the Kaleidoscope kit.  I used Sunset ink to stamp this image, also from the Positive Chemistry set, and then I used the MarigoldLeaf Green, and Lavendar ShinHan alcohol markers to add color to the large and small white pieces from the set of Gray Enamel Gems.  I haven't finished the inside yet but I plan to use a sentiment from the retired Card Chatter - Sympathy set which reads, "happy thoughts coming your way."

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the AHSC blog to see all the fun and amazing projects based on this sketch.  Our weekly challenges run through Sunday evenings at 11 pm Eastern/10 pm Central so you have plenty of time to play along, and we'd love to see your creations!  Also, this is the last week to apply to our design team so if you want to apply, you just need to post your creation before this challenge ends and make sure to put "DT" behind your name when you title your post.

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment