Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Happy Times Thank You Card for AHSC #168

Hello, friends!  My daughter has been asking me for several weeks for some feminine thank-you cards but between my tendency toward procrastination and several extra busy weeks, I just got around to making some. I'm not sure whether she's just happy to have them done or truly likes what I came up with, but either way they met with her approval so it's a win for both of us!  Here is today's card, based on this sketch by Michelle Stewart for Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #168.  Don't forget to head on over there to check out everyone's projects, and we'd love for you to share your creations too!  You have until Sunday, 7/17, at 10 pm Central.  Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

 details:  I started by cutting a 5" square base with this lovely flowered print from the Happy Times paper pack, a retired promotional kit.  I used the minty green pinstriped paper from this kit to back the medallion and make the banner.  I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut the decorative medallion ( decorative layer as seen on p.51 of the handbook) at 2 3/4" and another one of the same size out of white CS so I could use the center for the stamped sentiment, which was done in Glacier ink with the Victorian Gratitude stamp.  I colored a few of the retired Bitty Pearls with the turquoise blue and marigold ShinHan alcohol markers.  I also made a bow from the white and gold ribbon and adhered it to the banner.

For the inside, I cut the same shape at 2" with the patterned paper from the front and 2 1/4" using Blush.  I used Blush ink and an old hostess-exclusive stamp set called A Huge Thanks for the sentiment, and added the zip strip from the same flowered paper to finish it off.
I used the image from Art Philosophy cartridge to cut 2 3/4" piece of the flowered paper and a 3" piece of Blush CS.  Then I used Blush ink and the retired Vogue alphabet and the 1 1/4" punch to cut that out, and the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut a 1 1/2" circle out of Blush CS and layered all these together to add a feminine monogram for the envelope, along with the remaining bit of zip strip that I used inside the card.  Thanks for stopping by!  AC

No comments:

Post a Comment