Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Artistry Awesomeness for BTW #26


This week's challenge at Between The Folds Challenge Blog is to make a project using a Creative Cut.  You may use one of the exclusive CTMH Cricut cartridges, our Thin Cuts, or cut something by out by hand.

I am still making teal based thank-you cards for a local woman battling ovarian cancer; she is a very beloved high school teacher and member of our community so she  needs LOTS of thank-you's and I have really been stretching my creativity to try to make her day.  For this one, I used the Artistry cartridge for this fun cell phone image using the Lagoon piece of the first style (discontinued) of Fundamental papers and black CS (5 inches in height) as well as the text bubble from a piece of Honey CS (I was going more for width which ended up being 1.44 inches).  I used the Beyond Awesome stamp set in black ink for the "way awesome" sentiment and then used Cotton Candy ink on white CS and fussy cut the "you are..." part.  For an added little touch, I took the negative-space piece from the bottom button cut out and glued that to a scrap of white CS, fussy cut, peeled the two pieces apart and erased the left over adhesive on the white bit, and overlayed that with a retired metallic silver washi tape that went with the Sparkle and Shine Christmas set from a few years ago, then glued that piece in place and put it all on this soft speckled background paper from the current Calypso paper kit.  So actually, this project uses both hand- and Cricut-cut images.  This one was so fun to put together and so contemporary, I think I may try a couple of variations on it, and by the time I'm done with all my designs I hope to have several dozen cards to help brighten my friend's day.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out all the fabulously creatively cut projects over at BTF this week, and we'd love to see something of yours as well!  You have until 10:55 pm on Monday, 8/1, to link your project if you'd like to play along.

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

1 comment:

  1. What a great card! Love how you have the speech bubble on the phone screen.

    ReplyDelete