Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Thick Twine for Between The Folds Challenge

Hello and welcome back!  Today's project features CTMH's Thick Twine for the Between The Folds Challenge #22B.  Having started my crafting journey with needle arts, I love so many things about the thick twine:  the lustrous colors, the soft texture, and the versatile ways you can use it, just to name a few.  No matter what craft medium I'm working with at the moment, I love to combine colors and stretch myself to try new things, so of course I had to that with this project too.  So here's what I came up with:

details;  I started with this page from this background My Crush Everyday Life Page and this card from the January 2016 promotional kit "Picture My Life Live Your Day Scrapbooking Program."  In the center of the white heart, I used Thistle ink and this sentiment from the Wavy Blooms stamp set.  Then, using both the Glacier and Pixie thick twines, I unwound the two strands for each color and twisted one strand of each back together.  Next I used Liquid Glass adhesive to glue the twine down about one inch at a time to I could keep the dual colored strands tightly wound, and I outlined the heart.  Since these three colors are the foundational colors for the planner pages, I loved that I could get all three colors in my project by inking with one and twisting together strands of the thick twine from the other two colors.  I also love how easy it is to  personalize my planner and its pages.

Don't forget, you have until Monday, 6/6/16, at 10:55 p.m. to link your project if you want to create a project using Thick Twine and play along with us at this week's BTF challenge.  Even if you don't you will definitely want to check out the projects from the rest of the design team and the other participants.  The more the merrier!

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette






1 comment:

  1. Great PML Card! Love how you added the twine to the heart.

    ReplyDelete