Wednesday, April 20, 2016

CTMH Featured Products Blog Hop with Mother's Day Themed Stamp Sets

Hello again and welcome back for another inspiring Close To My Heart Featured Products Blog Hop where this week we are spreading lots of love with our Mother's Day themed stamps.  If you have just joined us you can start here and continue on, as hops are a circular kind of thing, but you can also find a complete list of participants at the end of this post in case you get lost along the way.  If you came here from Corinna's blog you are in the right place, and now allow me to share my project with you.

I thought I would use this Mother's Day as an opportunity to make a particular card from the CTMH Artiste Cricut cartridge (found on p. 55 of the handbook or the G key/card function setting) because this one actually makes a pocket in the center to hold a gift card.  I had never used this cut before so it took a bit of trial and error to get it sized the way I wanted, but I finally settled on 5 inches in height.  I then cut that image 2 times, once in white CS for the base and once in the multi-colored flower


pattern from the Charlotte kit which I then cut along the score lines.  I used a thin line of liquid glass adhesive along the inside edges of the pocket and I used another segment of the patterned paper to cover the front of the pocket.  I sponged Sorbet ink onto a 1/2" wide strip of the black paper with white flowers and I chose the pale pink/peach paper for the shape for the "mom" sentiment using the Artfully Sent cartidge at 2" height (p. 4 of the handbook or 4 key/ and icon setting).  I used black ink to stamp this image from the Flowers For Mom set and then sponged the edges in black.

Finally, I used Sorbet ink for both sentiments on the inside of the card.  The "You're the Best" is from the Hostess Rewards set, Say It All, and for the "happy mother's day" sentiment I used the Perfect Fit - Mom set on a piece of white CS that had been cut into that shape using the Artiste cartridge again at 1 1/2" (p. 33 of the handbook or 3 key/accent 3 feature).

I really love using this Charlotte paper for Mother's Day cards because it's so floral, feminine and elegant.  In fact, I've already made two other Mother's Day cards with these papers, here are the links in case you want to see those:  AHSC sketch #152 and a Mother's Day card for AHSC #148 (this one is my favorite of all the cards I've made so far).

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to hop on over to Catherine's blog to check out her lovely project, and feel free to leave comments for my fellow participants.  We love bringing you inspiration and we love hearing from you too!  I hope you will join us again on May 4th when we will be featuring projects created using the exclusive CTMH Artistry Cricut cartridge.

Happy crafting!  ~~  Annette

2 comments: