Monday, March 21, 2016

Embossing Folders for Between The Folds Challenge

This week at the Between The Folds challenge we are featuring projects using CTMH's embossing folders.  I have loved embossing ever since my crafting mentor first showed them to me; I love the added dimension and that extra bit of polish it seems to bring to projects.  Of the 15 embossing folders CTMH currently offers, this damask one has always been my favorite, especially when paired with this image from the Perfect Fit - Frames stamp set.  I really love personalized stationery and miss sending and receiving more handwritten notes so I thought for this project I would create some blank monogram notecards, especially when I saw that monograms are this week's challenge over at the Heart2heart challenge blog.
Once I had embossed my Pixie cardstock, I sanded the raised image so that the white core would show through.  Then I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut this shape and stamped it in black with the Perfect Fit set mentioned above.  For the monogram, I used a punch to cut a 1 1/4" circle from the white piece from the gold glitter paper set and stamped the "A" from the retired Vogue alphabet set in black ink, and added a piece of black shimmer trim.  I love how it turned out and can't wait for an occasion to send it to someone.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out all the other projects at the BTF challenge, we would love to see your work too!  Happy crafting, Annette

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card! Love the damask stamped die-cut layered on the damask embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete