Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving birthday card using Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

Among the many things my daughter and I share in common, our birthdays are just a few days apart and both occasionally fall right on Thanksgiving, and this year it's her turn to be the "turkey girl."  I've made her birthday cards for the last several years but I wanted to incorporate that theme into the  card somehow but was stumped for a bit, but this week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge helped me pull it together.

Hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving holiday! 

Annette
 details:  All paper used was from the CTMH's discontinued Dreamin' kit.  I used the alpha from the "You Are My Happy" campaign for the front and "Card Chatter - Birthday" (both in Pacifica) for the sentiment inside.  The feathers and the "19th" were both cut using the Artiste Cricut cartridge from CTMH.

7 comments:

  1. Great idea, and great job !! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Atlantic hear Sketch Challenge !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card! I loved that Dreamin' paper and you've really used it to advantage. Interpreting the sketch with feathers is so much fun! All your details (the paper ribbon and the inside of the card) are great! Thanks for playing with Atlantic Hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card, and I really love your use of the sketch, the feathers are awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever card. I love the feathers that you used.

    Thank you for playing along with us at AHSC.

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Those feathers look fabulous. Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. would never have thought of feathers, What a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing with us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very original, I love the feathers, so different. Thanks for sharing and playing along at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete