Wednesday, January 9, 2013

DYL: Decorate your life (aka use what you've got) #1

Somewhere, sometime I saw a saying that basically said 'give yourself permission to decorate your life.'  That really resonated with me because I wasn't necessarily told that growing up and I find I need to give myself that permission every now and then.  And, if I pair this with the idea of using what I have accumulated but not necessarily used yet, it just doubles the enjoyment I feel when I play...  I mean, create.  So I'm challenging myself to craft with something previously unused and share it at least one time per week.

So here's my first DYL project which is a cover for a 2-year calendar I picked up at a dollar store, so the left half of the picture will be the back cover and the right half the front.  All materials used are from CTMH and I believe all 3 stamp sets are retired.  I used black, Desert Sand, and Vanilla Cream CS and the patterned paper is from the Roxie kit (both the Vanilla Cream CS and the Roxie papers are also retired).  The "dream" stamp is from the Dreams Come True set (which I hadn't used yet), the "2013-2014" are from the Moments In Time set, and the image and "much happiness" is from Kanji Phrases, and the shape was cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge.  Coincidentally, I used this same paper, shape, and stamp for the first project I posted on this blog to make covers for small photo books (also bought at a dollar store) and this calendar is intended for my daughter's best friend who received the photo book, and this is the papers & stamps she asked for.  So, I guess if I can't get my daughter interested in papercrafting I shold be glad she and friend will at least let me make things for them, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment