Tuesday, January 29, 2013

a little Valentine fun with the Artiste cartridge

The cut-out heart base of this card started out as an entirely different project but when I got that part completed and placed it on the patterned paper I planned to pair it with, they were just too busy together.  However, I loved the look of the two layers together and I wasn't ready to give up on it, so what's a crafty gal to do?  This gal went back to the Artiste cartridge and played around until I found this phrase, cut a matching heart in red and added a little stamping, shading, and bling and the result was a quick but striking little card.
All supplies were from Close To My Heart:  As I stated, I used the Artiste cartridge to cut the phrase, the heart, and both the pink and red layers of the cut-out hearts.  I used Ruby, Cotton Candy, and black on a white card base and I inked the edges of the heart in Ruby and used black ink and the retired Roxie workshop on  the go stamp.
Just in case you were wondering how I got all the red hearts behind the pink cut-out hearts, I did NOT cut a bunch of hearts and glue them behind the pink ones, LOL.  I used the "hide" feature on my Gypsy (also available on the Cricut craft room if you have registered your Artiste cartridge there) and "hid" each of the hearts for the layer I cut in red.  I liked this effect so much, I think I'm going to play around with the "hide" and "weld" features some more and see what other variations I can come up with.

Happy crafting!  Annette
 

No comments:

Post a Comment