Thursday, October 11, 2012

feeling witchy


I thought of this card last year when this  "Wicked" stamp set was the CTMH stamp of the month, but I just couldn't get the look I wanted.  However, when I saw the new Moonlight paper this fall I to give it one more try and while I still want to work on one or two details I like the look of it with the Moonlight paper and I am going to go ahead and post so I can share it in some challenges I have been following for a few week, and this will be my first entry in both the Pause Dream and Enjoy challenge as well as the Paper Playtime.


I used the CTMH Moonlight paper kit for the borders on the top and bottom of the inside as well as for the mirror frame and the word "witch" on the front, and the rest of words were stamped in Autumn Terra Cotta and Pear ink using the Tiny Typewriter alphabet stamp set (D1222).  I also used a fingertip sponge dauber and Smokey Plum for the coloring around the edges of the front.
I cut the card base, mirror and mirror frame with the Art Philosophy cartridge and used the Happy Hauntings cartridge for the cauldron and the word "witch" on the front.  The mirrored paper was something I picked up at a craft store some time ago so I can't really say who makes it but I believe there are several varieties in craft stores, and the shiny brew in the cauldron was achieved by adding green Glitz glitter gel over Pear paper.  The  Pause Dream Enjoy challenge this week actually called for purple and orange but I added just a little green because when I got to playing with the Moonlight paper I thought it would be fun to use the gray/green patterned piece and then color in the "skin" parts of the witch the same green color to basically tie the word and the image together.  You probably can't tell from the photo but I made this a pop up card, although that didn't leave me as much space as I would have liked in the bottom half so I will probably have to sign it using a Daisy White marker so it will stand out against either the dark border on the bottom or on the cauldron, or I will have to nix the pop and adhere the mirror to the top half of the card so that there's enough room in the bottom half for the sentiment as well as the who/what/where & when.  Oh, and next time I will stamp my sentiment before I adhere the pop up mirror, that made stamping much trickier.  So while this isn't a "technically perfect" card, I was more focused on it being a fun card and I hope it "reflects" the humor I was going for.  (no more puns, I promise! lol)

Happy crafting!
Annette
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment