Thursday, October 18, 2012

Heart2Heart meets CASual Friday

I have been wanting to try this card for some time but couldn't find the quilt pattern it was based off of so I decided to wing it and I think it came pretty close.  I am entering this card for the CASual Friday heart challenge as well as the Heart2Heart Christmas part 2 challenge.
 All products used were from Close To My Heart.  I used the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut this card using Colonial White cardstock.  All the patterned papers were from the Pear and Partridge kit cut at 1/2" widths.  I used the Card Chatter-Christmas (D1388) and last year's Holiday Wishes stamp sets in Cranberry ink.  I really kept this one clean and simple, I haven't even inked the edges although I may go back and add a small red bow to the heart on the front, what do you think?



Happy crafting!  Annette

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It reminds me of a quilting pattern! Thanks for palying along with us this week at H2H :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt pattern card, it is fun that you are able to combine two of your hobbies into one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this log-cabin paper-pieced heart! I wouldn't add a bow--it would hide the beautiful quilted design. You could add some faux stitching around the edge of your card (vs. inking the edges) and maybe outline the central red square (the "heart of the home") with some glitz to make it sparkle. Beautiful job! Thanks for joining the crew at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the ideas & input, Caroline, I was thinking of using this design for some vendor/craft fair I'm getting ready to do but was trying to figure out how to give it that perfect finishing touch... I was also thinking of putting the heart on a scalloped circle card and making a mask so I could add red glitz gel just to the scallops, maybe if I do that and add a little glitz to that center square... I will let you know how it turns out. :-)

      Delete